Sunday, December 28, 2008

At a Loss for Words

For somebody who thrives on finding the best way to articulate ideas, I sometimes can’t even come up with one good thing to say. It’s funny, because success in PR is built on words- written, spoken, implied, words not said. And yet, there are times when I just can’t think of one thing to say. I always know when it’s happening- I almost whimper. There’s a semi-stutter, an audible frustration, and a mini-growl (completely un-lady like). It ultimately ends with “ I don’t know how to articulate this.” It’s not debilitating, show stopping, heart throbbing. It’s muted, but it definitely happens. Writers, full-time speakers, creative brethren, etc. please do tell me how you deal with this. I suppose it’s called a “block.” And so I ask- how do you get those juices flowing again?


No comments: