Monday, November 10, 2008

on the train, again.


I write from the train on a monday morning with the feeling of monotony sitting in my stomach, camped out right next to hunger. Is it age? Innate personality? Is it normal? Sometimes music breaks up the train ride monotony- today, specifically, tales from iron and wine, damien rice, nina simone and their friends ground me to a mentality of the 9-6 (7? 8?) workweek. Often, it is after work activities that add this needed color. Don't get me wrong- work itself is exciting- pleasantly pressure-filled and chock full of opportunity to learn about new things everyday. All of that said, though, it's just not enough. A trip to greece helped... And then skydiving helped...and now an impending trip to chicago (I've never been, please advise) is helping. I suppose I'm just built to wonder "what's next." Believe me, this has got dual implications. I just realized this post may seem like a whine, and I assure you, it's not. Simply an observation- one made every monday morning on the same train, to the same place.

No comments: